Why seek a personal trainer?
- To improve your overall health and wellness
- To prevent injury while you execute the exercise with correct form
- To make yourself accountable andn meet your goals
- Weight loss
- To get out of the OLD routine and putn variety in your workouts
- Improve stability and balance
- Improve core strength
Our trainers are nationally certified and continue to expand their knowledge with further specialized certifications. They are available and ready to improve your overall health and guide you to a healthy lifestyle.
Robin is a life-long athlete, avid runner & triathlete. Several years ago, Robin embraced the opportunity do what she loves- make a career in the health & fitness industry. Robin has obtained the following nationally recognized certifications:
- NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) – Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) – Corrective Exercise Specialist
- ACE (American Council on Exercise) – Group Fitness Instructor
- TRX – Suspension trainer and Rip trainer certified
- Health Directions – Group Fitness Instructor
- American Red Cross CPR & AED
- American Red Cross First Aid
Robin has run the Boston Marathon twice. She has run many 5K, 10K, and half marathon distance road races. She has done 3 Ironman triathlons as well as dozens of shorter distance triathlons. Robin has taught Cycling and Strength classes. She enjoys helping others improve their fitness and live stronger, healthier lives. Robin’s experiences make her uniquely qualified to help you achieve your fitness goals.
On July 26, 2015, Robin will compete at Ironman Lake Placid in Lake Placid, NY. She will be racing on the Multiple Myeloma Research Fund, Teams for a Cure, raising funds for Multiple Myeloma research, as well as research for 40 other types of cancer.
Jacci has been in the fitness and wellness industry for over 15 years instructing and motivating others in the water and as a group fitness instructor. A master degree in Rehabilitation Counseling and an undergraduate degree in Physical Education from KentStateUniversityhave allowed her to share her experience with others. Dealing with her own personal injuries and chronic pain she obtained several certifications such as:
- IFTA (Interactive Fitness Trainers of America) Yoga, Aqua certification
- 1st & 2nd degree Reiki Training
- IFTA (Interactive Fitness Trainers ofAmerica) Certified Personal Trainer
- American Red Cross CPR and AED
- Biofeedback & relaxation training
The latest yoga certifications have taught her the benefits on how it can change your life. She recently became a personal trainer to allow her to work one on one with others to improve fitness and function with less pain.
Bill has been a yoga instructor for 10 years. He has specialized in restorative and therapeutic yoga while establishing and directing company and institution yoga programs. Bill has designed and instructed a wide variety of yoga classes, and has trained and evaluated yoga instructors. He has been a yoga instructor at the Health Directions wellness center of the Lexington Medical Center for seven years, and has been their lead yoga instructor for the past two years. Bill completed his Yoga Alliance 200-certified certification, has been trained by national leaders in YogaFit, and completed YogaFit training to Level 4. Bill’s passion for instructing yoga and exercise has encouraged him to gain the following certifications:
- Certified Yoga Alliance 200 yoga instructor
- Yoga program leader and lead instructor
- Health Directions Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- ACE trained aerobic and high-energy instructor
Bill’s other related education and experience includes restorative yoga, Pilates, aerobic and high-intensity exercise, post-rehab protocols, Pre-natal yoga, Reebok core and step training program design, therapeutic yoga, Yin yoga, yoga anatomy and alignment, and yoga program design.
Robby has been a Certified Emergency Medical Technician for five years. Pairing his passion for helping people with his enjoyment of exercise, he obtained his Personal Training Certification though the National Academy of Sports Medicine. With these two certifications under his belt, Robby has a broad understanding of the body and human movement science. Robby has also been an avid Crossfitter for three years and has earned his Level One training certificate in Crossfit. Crossfit is affectionately referred to as “the sport of fitness” and specializes in functional, constantly varied movements, performed at a high intensity.
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- L1 Crossfit Coach
Derrick brings high-energy, fun and his love of sports to the JCC. Derrick has been named 2010’s Football Coach of the Year for his minor league football team. He is working towards his degree in Nursing. His enthusiasm for helping others and promoting good health through fitness and sports has led him to attain the following national certifications:
- WITS (World Instructors Training School) Certified Personal Trainer
- American Red Cross CPR and AED
Stephen has been a Strength and Conditioning Coach for over 8 years. He was initially certified as an IFTA Group Fitness Trainer before earning a Master’s in Physical Education at the University of South Carolina and becoming a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). In 6 years of Coaching at the High School level he has qualified 75 athletes for the State Strength and Conditioning Meet, along with 20 Region Champions, 10 athletes who placed at the State Meet and 1 State Champion. He served as the Head Speed, Strength and Conditioning at White Knoll High School from 2007-2009 and has been the Head Speed, Strength and Conditioning Coach for Richland Northeast High School since 2010. He also serves as a Varsity Assistant Football Coach and B-Team Head Football Coach at RNE. He teaches Health and Physical Education at Blythewood Academy. Stephen has obtained the following national certifications:
- NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association) – CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist) Since 2007
- SCHSSCA (South Carolina High School Strength Coaches Association) Region 11 Director
- Olympic Weightlifting Certified
- Kettlebell Specialist
Erik recently graduated from the University of Southern Illinois with his undergraduate degree in Exercise Science. He grew up with a love of all things sports & fitness. Erik began playing soccer at age 5 and has remained active all of his life. He uses his own personal athletic experiences as motivation to obtain certifications such as:
- ACSM Personal Trainer Certification
- ACSM Exercise Physiologist Certification
- American Red Cross Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED certification
Health is a very important aspect of his life. He thrives on helping others achieve their fitness goals.
Barbara Graham, Aquatic Personal Trainer and Rehabilitation Specialist
In 2007 Barbara joined the JCC due to back and other health problems. After realizing how much the water helped her health problems she wanted to learn more about the properties of water and how she could help others become more fit using the properties of water for protection of their joints. From September 2008 she has earned the following certifications from WaterArt Fitness International, Inc.:
- WaterArt Fundamentals Instructor
- WaterArt Specialized Populations Instructor
- Water Art Weight Management Consultant
- WaterArt Mind and Body Instructor
- WaterArt Personal Training Specialist
- WaterArt Rehabilitation Specialist
- WaterArt Shape Up and Water Train Instructor
Barbara has also earned her WaterArt “Gold” Certification. She instructs various aquatic classes helping participants to evolve to muscle balance that is needed to prevent injuries and improve posture. Her classes include muscle endurance, flexibility, agility, mobility and cardiovascular training. Barbara also works one on one for personalized training helping clients to meet their particular fitness goals. She also works one on one for clients that need more rehabilitation on their particular health need.
You can learn more about Barbara’s fitness journey by visiting her impromptu interview by WaterArt at “Barbara’s Story” on You Tube